Thursday, February 18, 2010

Has anyone here ever attempted to paint a desktop computer power supply? If so, how did the project turn out?

I have just finished painting my computer case with some really wicked colors and looking at a plain gray power supply through the side window takes away from the effect! I really don't what to invest in a super expensive one. Any suggestions?Has anyone here ever attempted to paint a desktop computer power supply? If so, how did the project turn out?
Whoa. Modding chicks, gonna love em...





Actually, you can get some low end (non-crap) black PSUs pretty cheap.





If you just feel like modding you could get something like this:





http://jab-tech.com/Power-Supply-Mod-Cle鈥?/a>Has anyone here ever attempted to paint a desktop computer power supply? If so, how did the project turn out?
I'm sure you could paint it, as long as you used something like masking tape to tape over the fan grill, etc.





ACTUALLY, the more I think about it, I believe Power supplys can come apart, if yours can, then just take the outer shell off and paint it, then put it all back together! :-)
Oh my gosh what an awesome idea... just wondering if you could use Krylon paint on the power supply. Good luck to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment