Thursday, February 18, 2010

Need info about portrait painting supplies?

Hi,





I would like to buy portrait painting supplies like colors brushes,board etc. I want to gift this to my friend.So I need a whole gift set. It should be include all necessary items for painting.I don't have any idea about painting.So I need your help.Can anyone suggest where can I find/buy these gift sets? which brand is suggestable.etc..





I would appreciate your response greatly,





Thanks very much,Need info about portrait painting supplies?
I would get him or her a gift card for Dick Blick art materials. Than your friend will buy whatever is needed. That is what my friends do when they get me gifts.


If I would count how much I spend on portrait supplies it would be $1500=$2000. For serious oil painting portrait brushes you will need Kolinsky Sable brushes. They range from $6-$150 a piece, I would get #2,3,6 round and 2, 4, 6, 8 ,12, 20 filbert. Than I would get some bristle brushes 4, 6, 8, 12, 20. I would get him pallete knives, one with broader leaf , medium and small. Than we are going to paint, Iwould go with Old Holland colors they have good pigment saturation and good body. I would choose Titanium white, Old holland Yellow light, Flesh tint, Gamboge Lake Extra, Old holland red gold lake, alizarin crimson lake extra, vermillion extra, dioxazine mauve, manganeze blue deep, french ultramarine light extra, old holland cyan blue, cobalt blue, scheveningen yellow lemon, emerald green, sap green lake extra, naples yellow deep extra, yellow ochre light, raw sienna light, flesh ochre, transparent oxide red lake, burnt umber, raw umber, that should do it for starters. Than some linseed oil and citrus terpene instead of turpentine it does not smell bad.Need info about portrait painting supplies?
Portrait Painting


http://www.photoartomation.com/ArtWork.htm


http://www.photoartomation.com/ArtWork/004_Fauvism.htm


http://www.photoartomation.com/ArtWork/005_Gothic.htm


http://www.photoartomation.com/ArtWork/006_Anime.htm

Report Abuse



This is an expensive gift. Even if you were to go 'budget' on all the items we are still talking a rather large investment.





Assuming this is oil we are talking about I'd personally would welcome a set of GREAT brushes above anything else. A good brush for painting portraits could set you back 10$ or 20$ per brush. Even 100$ isn't that strange a number.





http://www.valeriestewartportraits.com/ Seems to be rather affordable and well suited for a beginner. Just check it out.
The best online source for artist supplies is dickblick.com. They sell a variety of gift sets. A good quality set that includes the items you reference will be quite expensive. Also, there are no set specific ';portrait'; colors. Keep in mind that with art supplies you generally get what you pay for. Stay away from student or educational type supplies and you should be ok.





If she doesn't paint at all now it will be exceedingly difficult to begin with portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment