Monday, February 8, 2010

Wholesale artist painting supplies?

I have an art studio for children- a for profit business, and I was wondering what is the best website to buy art supplies. I am looking for great quality and low prices. Can a for profit business buy materials for services at wholesale prices?Wholesale artist painting supplies?
Here are some of the catalogs that I use. I am an art teacher and order for myself and the whole school. I have found that ordering by catalog is the best way to save money. Some of the catalogs I use are Sax Arts and Crafts, Blick Art Supplies, and ACE Educational and Art Supplies. They all have on line sites where to order from and I have had no problems with their shipments, mostly on time and constantly accurate.





Also I am going to recommend a magazine that will help you keep up with all the new things that are happening in Art Education. It is called School Arts Magazine and it is published by Davis Publishers. I have had my subscription for the last four years and pay for it out of my own pocket (once the school decided not to pay for it anymore). I get that much information out of it, every publication, it is fantastic.





Anyway, I hope that this info is helpful. Keep up with your teaching art to children. It gives balance to their development, an opportunity to think outside the box.





By the way, did you know that even though yours is a for-profit business you may be eligible for a non-for-profit status? Why? Because you are in education. Most education based service business are eligible for non-for-profit status. Check it out, you never know. Being non-for-profit opens new avenues of funding for your business. For example, you may apply for free grants rather than loans. Think about it...





Good Luck! And keep up the propagation of creativity amongst our young minds!! Kudos!Wholesale artist painting supplies?
http://www.salehoo.co.nr/ Best wholesale sources

Report Abuse



Check out ';Utrechts.com'; great art supplies at very reasonable prices. Their brand of acrylics and watercolors are very good !
dick blick has a lot of art supplies and there's a catalog just for schools. that's where my art teacher orders her supplies.
If you have a sales tax license, you can buy from any whole sale art supplier. One I use is Craft Wholesalers in Ohio www.cwi.com


there is also Craft Catalog www.craftcatalog.com


Orientaltrading.com
www.sellersreference.com will show you where to buy from the source, direct from the manufacturor and cut the Middle Man out!!
well, i know of a store called dick blicks art supplies, see if they have a website.
you can go individual wholesaler if you have your business eid
Cheap Joe's from Boone, North Carolina and Art Supply Warehouse, also from North Carolina....

No comments:

Post a Comment