Thursday, February 18, 2010

Painting bedroom tonight? how much am i gonna end up spending on supplies?

i swear i really don't feel like painting on a saturday night. how much did anyone end up spending on supplies? and how long did it take for one bedroom.Painting bedroom tonight? how much am i gonna end up spending on supplies?
It usually costs me around $300/room and it takes about 2 days....Painting bedroom tonight? how much am i gonna end up spending on supplies?
Depends on how well you plan on doing your work.





Fresh start primer is about $27.00/gal get it tinted the same color you want the room to be. Two coats so figure approx 300 sq ft per gal. I get only about 275 cause i put it on thick. Ben Moore paint varies but I always go semigloss at approx $37.00/ gal again about 300sq ft per gal.





Since I have no idea if you are doing the ceiling or how big the room is that is the closest I can give you. I always mask and spray so paint time is about 30 min prep time about 3 hours. Dry time with a good circulating fan in room is about 8 hours. Spray Sat night at about 10 pm spray again next morn about 8am spray again around 6 pm at night on Sun. wait 2 hours and carefully start unmasking be done by 10 pm
Around 200-300 hundred will do
I am painting my sons smaller bedroom this weekend, just went to menards yesterday and bought paint(1 gallon paint, 1 gallon of tinted primer), brushes, painters tape, pack of 2 polyester rollers(I already had the roller handle) , and 3 sheets of paneling, costed me around $100 but thats including the $$ I spent on paneling, to repanel one wall. So depending on whether you need 1 or 2 gallons of each paint %26amp; primer. I say around $75- $100.
IT COSTS ME AROUND 80 DOLLARS FOR PAINT 1 GALLON WALL COLOR AND 1 GALLON HIGH GLOSS WHITE FOR TRIM THEN YOU NEED A REALLY GOOD ROLLER AND A REALLY GOOD CUT IN BRUSH I START DOING ALL MY CUT INS FIRST THEN I ROLL.... TAKES ABOUT 2-3 HOURS AND CAN RUN UNDER A HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS..
Depending on what your painting, guess for ceiling, walls, 2 windows and 2 doors. one coat on all your looking no more than $100 and it would take me a day and a half (myself) and I would charge you $600 plus the materials. I live in the northeast Good luck Les the painter. and I use Ben Moore paint

No comments:

Post a Comment